Mid-December 2014 Statistics Switzerland launched its first digital publication for tablets (iOs. Android) and (and!) browser, in French and German. The name for this publishing category is ‘DigiPub‘.
In App Store and Google Play
In the browser .
The challenge: Storytelling in times of tablets
Storytelling in the time of tablets and mobile people performs in a new field.
The idea and the message are old – let‘s call it the book paradigm.
But it‘s a book in new clothes. New aspects must be taken into account: new possibilities, skills, tools and processes.
After evaluation, the choice for a performant and sustainable publishing instrument fell on: .folio, an open format, part of Adobe‘s Digital Publishing Suite DPS.
- Standardised navigation
- Wide range of presentation possibilities
- Integration of internet content
- Runs on most platforms, also browsers
- Publication in the major stores
- Production based on layout programs, editing systems or web content management systems
- Open format (ZIP archive with PDF, HTML, XML inside).
Rethink publication !
Electronic publication offers everything needed to make a story appealing. But this means: Rethink publication!
Authors and also publication specialists (publishers, visualisers, layout designers) are challenged
- in terms of concept with regard to the content that is to be communicated
- in terms of the presentation due to the possibilities that the medium is opening up
- in terms of collaboration with specialists.
New ways of working, processes and also changing job descriptions are the result and necessary.
The whole story about choosing and developing DigiPubs is in the following presentation:
Download presentation (format: Powerpoint): Dotfolio.pptx
Download presentation (format: PDF): dotfolio.pdf