‘ This is a quick start guide for decision makers who need to quickly get up to speed with the Linked Open Data (LOD) concept, and who want to make their organization a part of this movement.
It gives a quick overview of all key aspects of LOD, and gives practical answers to many pertinent questions including:
• What do the terms Open Data, Open Government Data and Linked Open Data actually mean, and what are the dierences between them?
• What do I need to take into account in developing a LOD strategy for my organization?
• What does my organization need to do technically in order to open up and publish its data sets?
• How can I make sure the data is accessible and digestible for others?
• How can I add value to my own data sets by consuming LOD from other sources?
• What can be learned from three case studies of best practices in LOD?
• REEEP’s clean energy information portal reegle.info
• NREL’s Open Energy Information Portal
• The ocial home of UK legislation: legislation.gov.uk
• What are the potentials offered by this fundamental step-change in the way data is shared and consumed via the web?’