|History, geography & social studies.|
About the Lesson/Teacher’s guide
This teacher guide explains how you can use Gapminder World to lecture about global development from 1800 until today. For inspiration, you can watch a brief video-lecture with Hans Rosling here.
Key messages of the lecture
- In 1800, income per person was low and life expectancy was very short in all countries.
- Health is better everywhere today, even in the poorest countries.
- Income is much higher in most, but not all, countries today.
- The income and health gaps between countries are larger today.
- Most people today live in “middle income” countries
Posted in Downloads | Tagged geography, history, life expectancy, pdf, social studies, teacher’s guide